Tuesday, August 6, 2013

New hair, don't care

While I was at MSU, I took a East Asian Religions class. One of the few things that stuck with me was the interesting rights of passage that teenage boys and girls would have to participate in before they were considered a man or woman of their tribe. In a tribe I did not know the name of, a teenage boy would have to pull out every single strand of hair on his head before he was considered a man. (Although looking it up I couldn't find the name of the tribe, but I am fairly positive I learned this). Anyway why am I explaining this small bit of knowledge with you? Well my friends it is because my husband, in the eyes of that tribe, became a man yesterday.

(Not to worry folks. This is a natural process that occurs during chemotherapy. Chemotherapy kills all rapidly dividing cells and hair growth stops completely. It was just a bit dramatic because El had so much hair, and it all came out pretty fast. He didn't exactly pull it out it just fell out.)


Elliott a few days before with his hair


Shedding all over his pillow.



Using my brush to take out the hair that was hanging by a thread.


All his pretty hair :( that he took out of the trash and chased me around with it....sick but he thought it was funny.


The finished project.

I think he started to miss it a little bit.


Because he tried to make a wig.



Then a beard



Then decided to keep it :)

The funny thing was that he had a hair cut scheduled for later on the day. But by that time there was nothing left to cut. It was funny for both Elliott and me. Hopefully the rest of this week can be as fun as this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment