Friday, August 2, 2013

Chemo week

I forgot to mention that in the emergency room I got to tell someone my new name, and I got to see it in print. That was exciting.




Anyway that night and the week after we stayed at the Williamson's house which is such a blessing. It is great to stay in a house and not a hotel. Thanks guys :)

So Elliott's chemo is on a three week rotation. He does chemo the first week and then has a two week break. He goes Monday through Friday for about 8 hours a day. They are VERY long days.

But at the beginning of the week when El wasn't so tired we managed to have a bit of fun.



El after his port got flushed



El acting silly from his pain meds.



Eating in the Med Inn

By the end of the week things get tougher. Elliott gets more and more tired, and you realize how little control you have over the situation. That all you can really do is pray that El gets better, and that Christ will be glorified. This situation and the illness is entirely in God's hands and not my own. So when I am worrying, I try to rest on this truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment